- Squatting survey
- Letter to MPs: reject Legal Aid bill amendment
- Legal Aid bill and amendments
- MPs briefing on Legal Aid Bill amendments
- House of Lords Briefing Paper (March 2012)
- Cost of Criminalisation
- Repeal Law
- Government consultation on squatting
The UK government has enacted a law to criminalise squatting in residential buildings despite 95% of responses to its 'consultation' opposing any further legislation.
The legislation affects the most vulnerable people in society, empowers unscrupulous landlords and burdens the justice system, police and charities.
The Squash campaign provides resources on these impacts to raise awareness on the matter.